The adventures of a 6 year old....
Well, I was off work today to go on an adventure with my son, Jacob, to not one but two doctor appointments. It seems that I failed to get his booster shots last year; therefore, his blue card at school expired. So, trying to be a "good mother", I explained to Jacob this morning that we would go see Dr. Smith, and he would have to get "A" shot -singular. Well, little did I know that when we go for these booster shots, they are going to draw blood, make him pee in a cup and make him get naked. Boy was he excited. Well we get through the peeing in the cup and the finger stick. Remember, I said "A" shot. Nurse Broom Hilda walks in along with her assistant, the equivalent of the woman from the movie, "Misery" with not one, not two but three HUGE needles. My son had the look of "Oh my word momma you lied to me!" They walk up to him, tell him to lay down, tell me to lay on top of him and before I know it they have stabbed my son three times in both legs. I have never heard such blood curdling screams since I gave birth to him. Needless to say, Jacob was very mad at me. Even the watermelon BlowPop in my purse did not help matters. Well we left the torture chamber, and met Stephen for lunch at Pizza Hut. That seemed to really cure the blues from the doctor's office. After the trip to Pizza Hut, we went to visit Lib at work. Of course all the women at her job just went slam crazy when they saw him. They act like they have never seen a red headed child who is full of ^&*%%^%%$! By the way, thanks for all the candy they gave him. He only bounced off the windows all the way down University Blvd and to Brompton. Well we made it to the second appointment. Luckily, for me, Jacob and all other parties involved, there were no shots in this visit. However, when the neurologist got his reflex hammer, Jacob told him, "You better him my knees with that thing and not my thighs, because I have had three shots today." All in all, the day was good. He was a big man. When he got home, Papa took him fishing, aka Andy Griffin and Opie. Needless to say, Jacob has had a big day. He is out like a light at 8:30 pm. Thank God in Heaven! More pictures later!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home