Volleyball Adventures....
OK, we have one tournament left and we will be done with volleyball for the season. It is kind of a bittersweet time, but I am sure Jamie's muscles, bones, feet and everything else involved will be happy. This is a child who if she had a papercut would scream bloody murder. But now at the ripe old age of 13, she is eating the gym floor while she is chasing volleyballs. This is her second year of playing volleyball. She went from, "OK I think this is a volleyball" to being the second highest scorer on the team last year. In addition, she was promoted to the varsity team last night, and she is only in the 8th grade. Just like any mother, I am going to continue to brag. She also got 12 consecutive serves in a game - what this means is she served 12 balls that the other team could not return and we got 12 points. I want to put a picture of her in her volleyball uniform on the blog, but she is begging me not to do that. Oh well, momma's rule. You will see a picture soon!
She came home tonight looking like somebody had beat her like a ragdoll. She had bruises on her legs and floor burn on her elbow. She went to hit the ball, and a teammate who is about 6' tall was in the way - therefore "Grace" and her sidekick hit the floor. They are okay - it is the effort that counts. I could not ask for a more perfect daughter than Jamie Leigh. She is a typical 13 year old, but she loves me and I love her. We know when we are getting on each other's nerves. When this happens, we show the other one the door! I love her more than anything in the world. By the way, as I am typing this blog, she is putting corn rows in my hair.
She came home tonight looking like somebody had beat her like a ragdoll. She had bruises on her legs and floor burn on her elbow. She went to hit the ball, and a teammate who is about 6' tall was in the way - therefore "Grace" and her sidekick hit the floor. They are okay - it is the effort that counts. I could not ask for a more perfect daughter than Jamie Leigh. She is a typical 13 year old, but she loves me and I love her. We know when we are getting on each other's nerves. When this happens, we show the other one the door! I love her more than anything in the world. By the way, as I am typing this blog, she is putting corn rows in my hair.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home